ASTS Multi Organ Transplant Fellowship Upenn, UPMC (USA)
Head of Department - Liver Transplant & HPB Surgery at Fortis Hospital Mulund
Dr. Gaurav Gupta is a renowned surgeon and is famous for Liver Transplant in Mumbai. He is an ASTS certified abdominal organ transplant surgeon. He has 15 years of surgical experience out of which more than 10 years in the field of Liver Transplant.
In the last five years, Dr. Gupta has performed more than 500 surgeries of liver transplant in India as the Chief Surgeon. He is best known for his proficiency in Living donor Liver Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy, Paediatric Liver Transplant, and Pancreas Transplant.
With excellence in Liver Donor Transplant, he performed the first-ever combined Liver Kidney Living Donor Transplant by a Mumbai-based team in Western India. He has the distinct honor of establishing three liver transplant units from scratch in Maharashtra.
- Successfully performed Pediatric Liver transplant in 5.3 kg baby.
- Achieved 1-year survival of 96% for Liver Transplant program at Fortis Hospital, Mulund.
- Performed first Living donor combined Liver and Kidney Transplant with Mumbai-based team in 2016.
- Successfully performed many ABO-incompatible liver transplants.
Dr. Gaurav Gupta is well known for the following:-
- Living Donor Liver Transplants
- Combined Liver Kidney Transplant
- Pediatric Liver Transplants
- Pancreas Transplants
- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy
Dr. Gaurav started his medical career by completing MBBS and MS (Surgery) from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. After a brief stint with Delhi Govt Hospital, he pursued his passion in Liver Transplant Surgery by completing his American Society Of Transplant Surgeons certified fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre (UPMC), Pittsburgh, and the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
Having worked and trained in world-renowned Transplant centre like Thomas E. Starzl Transplant Institute, Penn Transplant Institute, Dumont-UCLA Transplant Centre – Dr. Gupta assimilated enormous experience and talent in the field of Liver Transplant surgery before returning to India.
Scholarships and Awards:-
- District Topper Award, Jind in All India Senior Secondary Examination 1999.
- Among top 1/8(A1 Grade) students in premedical school in All India CBSE Board exams.
- Awarded certificate of merit for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates of All India Secondary School Examination 1997
- Delhi Medical Council
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Gujarat Medical Council
- Medical Council of India
- Pennsylvania Medical Physician and surgeon Unrestricted License, MD452778
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons- Certified for Liver and Kidney Transplant Surgery
- Mastery of Surgery – Delhi University
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Delhi University